Praised be God, the women believers have organized meetings where they will learn how to teach the Faith, will spread the sweet savours of the Teachings and make plans for training the children.
This gathering must be completely spiritual. That is, the discussions must be confined to marshalling clear and conclusive proofs that the Sun of Truth hath indeed arisen. And further, those present should concern themselves with every means of training the girl children; with
- teaching the various branches of knowledge,
- good behaviour,
- a proper way of life,
- the cultivation of a good character,
- chastity and constancy,
- perseverance, strength,
- firmness of purpose;
- with household management,
- the education of children, and
- whatever especially applieth to the needs of girls—to the end that these girls, reared in the stronghold of all perfections, and with the protection of a goodly character, will, when they themselves become mothers, bring up their children from earliest infancy to have a good character and conduct themselves well.
- Let them also study
- whatever will nurture the health of the body and its physical soundness,
- and how to guard their children from disease.
- ‘Abdu’l-Baha (‘Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha’)