February 23, 2010

Passages from the Baha’i Scriptures Inscribed Over the Nine Entrances of the Baha’i Temple in Wilmette, Illinois, USA.


The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.

The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me.

My love is My stronghold; he that entereth therein is safe and secure.

Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner.

Thy heart is My home; sanctify it for My descent.

I have made death a messenger of joy to thee; wherefore dost thou grieve.

Make mention of Me on My earth, that in My heaven, I may remember thee.

O rich ones on earth! The poor in your midst are My trust; guard ye My trust.

The source of all learning is the knowledge of God, exalted be His glory!
(The Baha’i Faith 1844-1963, Statistical and Comparative, Compiled by the Hands of the Cause Residing in the Holy Land)