March 17, 2023

List of requests included in this prayer for the Fast revealed by Baha’u’llah

Prayer

“I beseech Thee, O my God…

  • to cast me not away from the gate of the city of Thy presence, and to disappoint not the hopes I have set on the manifestations of Thy grace amidst Thy creatures.
  • to draw me ever nearer to the threshold of Thy door, and to suffer me not to be far removed from the shadow of Thy mercy and the canopy of Thy bounty.
  • to attract me by the fragrance of Thy raiment, and make me drink of the choice wine of Thine utterance.
  • so to raise me up to serve Thy Cause that I shall not fall back, nor be hindered by the suggestions of them who have caviled at Thy signs and turned away from Thy face.
  • to enable me to gaze on the Day-Star of Thy Beauty, and to supply me with the wine of Thine utterance.
  • to graciously aid me to do what Thy will hath desired and Thy purpose hath manifested.
  • to grant that I may die to all that I possess and live to whatsoever belongeth unto Thee.
  • to aid me to remember Thee amongst Thy creatures, and to extol Thee amidst Thy people.
  • to remove me far from whatsoever Thy will abhorreth, and draw me nigh unto the station wherein He Who is the Day-Spring of Thy signs hath shone forth.
  • to make known unto me what lay hid in the treasuries of Thy knowledge and concealed within the repositories of Thy wisdom.
  • to number me with such as have attained unto that which Thou hast sent down in Thy Book and manifested through Thy will.
  • to write down for me with Thy most exalted Pen what Thou hast written down for Thy trusted ones and Thy chosen ones.
  • to write down for every one who hath turned unto Thee, and observed the fast prescribed by Thee, the recompense decreed for such as speak not except by Thy leave, and who forsook all that they possessed in Thy path and for love of Thee.
  • to cancel the trespasses of those who have held fast to Thy laws, and have observed what Thou hast prescribed unto them in Thy Book.”

 - Baha’u’llah  (‘Prayers and Meditations by Baha’u’llah’)