July 21, 2013

Prayer for the wife of the Báb, Khadijih Bagum – revealed by Baha’u’llah

O my God! I beseech Thee by Thy Beauty Whom Thou hast revealed and made manifest in truth, He Whom Thou hast sent to all the inhabitants of the world. Among the Highest Concourse Thou hast called Him the Most Great Announcement, and among the people of the world Thou named Him 'Ali. I beseech Thee moreover by His next appearance in the vesture of Abha, to deprive me not of the fragrances of the glory of Thy mercy and suffer me not to be far from the shore of the bounty of Thy nearness and beneficence. Thou verily rulest over all things.

O my God! Give me to drink from the Kawthar of Thy favour and from the outpourings of Thy bounty and bestowal, that I may be purified from all that is abhorrent to me and freed from this malady which hath afflicted me. Thou art verily to Thy servants the Most Forgiving and the Most Merciful. O my God! Rend asunder the veils that have intervened between me and Thee. Heal me then with the Kawthar of healing proffered from the fingers of Thy mercy that hath overtaken all things and encompassed all the dwellers of the world. O my God, disappoint me not of the wonders of Thy bounty and grace. Nourish me then from the everlasting chalices that Thou dost possess, and make me firm in Thy Cause. Thou art verily Powerful over all things. (Baha’u’llah, provisional translation, approved by the Universal House of Justice for inclusion in the book: ‘Leaves of the Twin Divine Trees’)